Oats and Mixed Berries Recipe
Oatmeal helps reduce cholesterol, keep healthy guts, and lose weight. They are rich in carbs and can be topped with healthy fats and proteins. Nuts like almond flax, chia, and hemp can also be added. They are rich in fiber. They are versatile for eating. Whether you like them rolled or chopped into small slices, they are great for starting your day.
Fresh fruit such as raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries can be added as additional nutrients. Baked oatmeal is best for breakfast, especially on weekdays.
Ingredients for Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- ½ cup of milk
- Three whisked eggs
- Two tablespoons of olive oil or melted butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
- ½ cup of plain yogurt ( Whole-fat)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- A cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Prepare your dish for baking while preheating your oven.
- Mix ingredients into a mixing bowl large enough for all your ingredients. Add your oats, eggs, milk, butter ( Melted), yogurt, honey, salt, and Vanilla into the mixing bowl. Stir using either a whisk or fork and ensure it mixes thoroughly.
- Fold the raspberries or blueberries into the above mixture. Put the mixture into a casserole dish you must have prepared before then. Then sprinkle the leftover berries at the top.
- Bake the casserole: The casserole oatmeal should be baked for 45 minutes till the top is shiny, and it’s firm to the touch.
- Use a small dish for baking with a spray cooking before baking; otherwise, the oats will stick on the sides of the dish.
- For blending your oats, make sure you make use of a blender that is highly powered. Blending your oat is very important because it makes blending the recipe you’re making easy and also easy to add more ingredients into the recipe at a time.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Oat and Mixed Berries
Q: Does eating oatmeal have any health risks or side effects?
A: Unless you are allergic to oats, you have little or no reason to get scared. If you are to avoid gluten for medical reasons, some oat contains gluten like rye, barley, or wheat during processing. In that case, it is important to eat gluten-free oats. Oats can also bring about weight gain when it’s taken over and when topped with many sugary or fatty treats.
Q: Are there glutens in Oats?
A: The answer is No. Naturally, these do not contain gluten. These can be safely consumed in a diet free of gluten. It is recommended as a diet for people with Celiac disease. Though, some oats are contaminated, as mentioned earlier, by rye, barley, or wheat because they are also being processed in one factory. So those with Celiac disease should specifically look out for gluten-free brands.
Q: What’s the most healthy type of oatmeal?
A: There are so many options when choosing oatmeal is concerned. We have steel-cut oats and old-fashioned oats, which Harvard Health better recommends. Also, unsweetened oatmeal does a great job of keeping you full, losing weight, and decreasing your appetite.
Q: Is it healthy to take overnight frozen fruit oats?
A: Yes, it is. It is a very healthy and easy breakfast
Q: Is it healthy to take them every day?
A: Well, it is important to take varieties of food for proper nutrition. So you shouldn’t eat one food daily because you love them and they’re easy to make. Variety marks good nutrition and fills your body with the necessary nutrient.
Oats and Mixed Berries Full Recipe
A 10-minute Oatmeal with Frozen Fruits
Course: The main course (Especially for breakfast)
Yield: 1 serving
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup of frozen blueberries or raspberries
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ¾ cup of milk (Fat type of percentage) or possibly water.
- Put the berries inside a bowl that can be used in a microwave and allow to cook for thirty seconds (30 seconds). It takes longer when it’s frozen. Then set it aside. If you do not possess a microwave, defrost the frozen berries over the night.
- In a saucepan, mix the milk and oats and churn.
- Cover it and cook with medium-low heat till the liquid starts bubbling.
- Then uncover it, swirl, and leave it to cook till the liquid becomes absorbed.
- Take off the heat and put the berries of your choice (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.) or any juices.
- Put maple syrup on top and serve your oat and mixed berries.
It is great when you are in haste to leave work or prepare your kids for school. It makes preparing your breakfast a breeze.
- You can add lemon or lemon oil to your berries if you do not have a fresh berry.
- You can try vanilla sugar or vanilla extract.
- You can also add brown sugar or berry sauce to your oatmeal.
Nutritional values vary according to brands. Below is an average study.
Sugar: 19 g