10 Toddler Girl Room Ideas That Will Make You Say Why Didn’t I Think Of That?!
If you’re looking for some creative and unique toddler girl room ideas, you’ve come to the right place. you’re not an interior designer, we know that! so In this blog post, we’ll share 10 ideas that are sure to make you say, “Why didn’t I think of that?!”
From functional and stylish furniture to fun and cute décor, there’s something for everyone on this list. So, whether you’re starting from scratch or just looking for a few ways to spruce up your kid’s bedroom, we hope you find inspiration in these toddler bedroom ideas!
Cute and Fun Toddler Girl Room Ideas
If you’re looking for some inspiration for your toddler girl’s room, look no further! We’ve rounded up 10 of the cutest and most fun toddler-girl room ideas that are both stylish and functional. From pretty in pink to all things bright and colorful, there’s something here for every taste. And best of all, these ideas can easily be incorporated into any budget.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at 10 toddler girl room ideas that will make you say “Why didn’t I think of that?!”
- Paint one accent wall in a bright, bold color.
- This is an easy and inexpensive way to add a pop of color to your little girl’s bedroom without having to cover the whole room in Disney-themed paint colors. Simply choose a color that you know she loves (or one that coordinates with her bedding or favorite stuffed animal) and paint one accent wall. This will instantly brighten up the space and give it some personality.
- Add some whimsical wallpaper.
- Wallpaper is making a comeback in a big way, and there are so many fun prints and patterns to choose from these days. If you want to add some visual interest to your toddler girl’s room without going overboard, opt for a playful wallpaper accent wall behind her bed or dresser.
- Display her artwork proudly.
- One of the best things about having a toddler is watching them create their first pieces of art. So why not display those masterpieces proudly? A simple gallery wall using washi tape or removable adhesive hooks is an easy way to do this (and it won’t damage your walls!). You can also frame her artwork or turn it into magnets for the fridge.
- Create a cozy reading nook.
- Every little girl needs her own special place to read her favorite stories. And what could be more perfect than a cozy reading nook? To create one in your toddler girl’s room, simply designate an area with comfy pillows or bean bags and fill it with books she loves (or ones that you love reading to her). Then sit back and enjoy some quality snuggle time!
- Put together a play kitchen.
- Every little girl loves playing pretend “restaurant” so why not set up a play kitchen in her room? You can purchase one secondhand or even put one together yourself using recycled materials like cardboard boxes or old cabinets (just be sure to child-proof any sharp edges). Either way, she’ll love having her very own space to play chef!
- Give her a place to get away from it all.
- Toddlers can be notoriously independent creatures but sometimes they just need their own space to relax and recharge away from the hustle and bustle of daily life (aka your home!). Setting up a small tent or fort in her room is the perfect solution – she can curl up inside with her favorite toys or books when she needs some alone time (and you can sneak in there too when she’s taking a nap!).
- Make organization fun with colorful bins.
- Keeping everything tidy can be tough with a toddler around but it doesn’t have to be boring! Adding some colorful storage bins (labeled with pictures if she can’t yet read) is an easy way to make cleanup time more fun – plus it’ll help teach her the importance of staying organized as she grows older.
- Encourage physical activity with hopscotch carpet tiles.
- It’s important for toddlers to stay active – not only for their health but also for their development. Carpet tiles are an easy way of adding physical activity into your child’s daily routine encouraging them to burn off excess energy while also developing coordination skills and balance.
- Helping kids learn manners early on is always appreciated by parents – especially when dining out in public! But teaching kids table manners doesn’t have to stop at restaurants.
- You can help them practice saying please and thank you by placing signs around various areas in their room, for example, putting up “Please Keep Your Toys in The Toy Box” near where their toys are kept.
- Use light projectors and star lamps.
- These are great ways to help kids wind down before bedtime Plus, they’re just plain fun to watch! There are tons of different light projectors and star lamps available online and in retail stores. Pick one based on what features appeal most, whether you’re looking for fairy lights, something educational, entertaining, or calming.
Toddler Girl Rooms Should Be Both Functional and stylish
A play kitchen is a perfect way to encourage imaginative play while also teaching your toddler some basic culinary skills. And bonus – it can double as extra storage for small toys or dishes.
Building a simple fort out of blankets and pillows is a fun way to create a special space for your toddler to relax and unwind (and it’s sure to be a hit with any visiting friends!).
Storage bins are not only functional, but they can also be fun! Look for colorful bins that will brighten up your toddler’s room while also helping her keep everything tidy.
Carpet tiles are a simple way to add color and pattern to your toddler’s room, and they can also help encourage physical activity.
Bunk beds are a great way to create space for friends and are a must-have for sleepovers. The bed frame can also function as an easy foundation for a starter fort – good luck doing that with a twin bed.
Plan for Change
As your toddler girl grows, her interests will change. And so will her need for privacy. That’s why it’s important to have a functional room that can grow with her into her teen years.
The Big Three
A toddler girl’s room should be a safe haven, a place where she can play, learn, and sleep peacefully. But it should also be stylish! Here are some ideas for how to achieve both:
Functional and stylish furniture – Look for furniture that is both functional and stylish. For example, a bed with built-in storage drawers underneath would be perfect for storing clothes and toys. Or consider a daybed instead of a traditional bed – this can double as a sofa during the day, perfect for reading or playing games.
Storage solutions – Make use of every inch of space with smart storage solutions. For example, install shelves at different heights to store books and toys of all sizes. Or use baskets and bins to declutter surfaces and keep things organized.
Decorate with wall art – Use wall art to add personality to the room and create visual interest. Look for prints or posters that reflect your toddler girl’s interests or opt for something timeless like an alphabet chart or growth chart.
7 Toddler Bedroom Theme Ideas
When in doubt, “theme it out”
If you’re looking for some toddler girl room ideas that are both stylish and functional, look no further! Here are 10 great ideas that will make you say “Why didn’t I think of that?!”:
- A Canopy Bed – If it’s not a small room, a canopy bed is a perfect way to add a touch of luxury to your toddler’s room. Not only will it look gorgeous, but it will also give your little one a cozy place to sleep.
- A Playhouse Bed – If your toddler loves to play pretend, a playhouse bed is a great addition. It will provide them with their own private space to play in, and they can even invite friends over to join in the fun!
- A little Princess Themed Room – Every little girl dreams of being a princess, so why not make that dream a reality with a princess-themed room? You can find all sorts of great furniture and decor items online or at your local store.
- A Fairytale Themed Room – Another popular option for toddler girls is a fairytale-themed room. This can be anything from Cinderella to Sleeping Beauty to Snow White. Again, you can find tons of great furniture and decor items online or at your local store.
- An Underwater Themed Room – If your toddler loves spending time in the bathtub, an underwater-themed room is sure to be a hit! You can find all sorts of great aquatic-themed furniture and decor items online or at your local store.
- A Nature Themed Room – If you want to encourage your toddler’s love of nature, consider creating a nature-themed room. You can find all sorts of great furniture and decor items online or at your local hobby lobby store that feature animals, plants, and other natural elements and little details.
- An Outer Space Themed Room – For the budding astronaut in your life, an outer space-themed room is sure to be a hit! Ditch the white walls! You can find all sorts of great space-themed furniture and decor items online or at your local store that will help bring this theme to life.
Toddler Girl bedroom Ideas: Wrapping it up!
Summarizing the top 10 best toddler girl room ideas:
As you begin to plan your little girl’s room, it is important to keep in mind both her current and future needs. After all, she is only going to be a toddler for a few short years! With that in mind, here are 10 toddler girl room ideas that we covered in the article:
- A comfortable bed: Usually the main focal point, this is obviously a necessity for any bedroom, but make sure to get a bed that is low to the ground so your toddler can easily get in and out of it.
- Play area: Include a small table and chairs or a toy chest where your toddler can play with her toys.
- Plenty of storage space: Look for creative ways to add storage to the room so you can keep it organized and tidy. Toy bins, shelves, and baskets are all great options and come in many different colors.
- Wall decor: Hang some wall art that your toddler will enjoy looking at – whether it’s family photos, paintings with bold colors, or even whimsical prints of different shapes.
- Curtains or blinds: These can help control the light in the room and also add some color or pattern if you choose fun window treatments.
- Area rug: A rug can help define the space in the room and make it cozier. It’s also a good place for your toddler to play on the floor.
- Lighting: Choose lighting fixtures that are both functional and stylish, flooding the room with bright colors. Table lamps, wall sconces, or even string lights can all work well in a toddler’s room.
- Shelving: Shelves are great for storing books, toys, games, etc., but they can also be used to display items like stuffed animals or picture frames.
- A pillow fort: Yes, really! Pillow forts are great fun for toddlers (and kids of all ages!) Plus, they can double as a reading nook or nap time spot when needed.
- Personalized details: Add some personal touches to the room with things like name letters hung on the wall or a custom growth chart. You can’t go wrong with bookshelves full of bedtime stories and great inspiration – These final touches will make the space feel like it’s truly her own room.
So, what are you waiting for? Use these toddler room ideas and get started on creating the perfect space for your little one today!
Looking for Nursery ideas? check out our latest post on the best small space Nursery Rockers